Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gungor - Beautiful Things



How does He make beautiful things? I saw Gungor on Sunday and as they played this song, this is what I was thinking about. Picturing each frustrating aspect of my life: work, ministry, relationships... I mourned the idea that anything beautiful would come of them. And then the answer came; simply, subtly, unexpectedly. "Faith." The key ingredient that was missing from each situation. I have been trying hard to do God's work, but God is the one with the plan. I don't consult him as often as I would if I thought He was in control. Faith is the substance of things hoped for. Faith is the evidence of things unseen. Faith is the material God uses to build his kingdom. He makes beautiful things out of our faith, not out of our striving or even our abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment